Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hummingbird....

.

because you guys (and deb) know how I love conical horns... 



psyche!

I would never do that to you guys... 

in honor of Jean-Michel Le Cleac'h:


we finally figured out how to make solid wood horns that are stiff and yet are thin enough to not crack over a century... I am excited... meet elm and walnut....


it feels good to have both the 16a and Sierra horn debacles behind me... nothing like a hard lesson to help you see the light.... woo hoo!!!

peace,
me

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Congratulations.
    A swedish carpenter told me that
    softer wood floors, like pine and spruce,
    feel warmer. Who knows worth horns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Sweet. Bring it.. Smack me up with hot-handed field coils..

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look gorgeous , are they made in segments and then glued together ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunningly beautiful!! I sure hope they don't crack over time with wood movement...

    It's hard to make out exactly but it looks like some fairly thick solid wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...oh jeffrey, well done!!! and robert says that the pictures, even good as they are, yet don't do them justice. a joy it is to bring beauty to the world. keep on going... d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are simply stunning! I always thought some generalization of the simple pedal horn would be possible in curved form. These Tractrix?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice.

    TonyB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those horns are gorgeous. Have you had them in a system and compared their sound qualities to Martin's Perth surf shop horns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey just a stupid question...who made this things? :-)...there realy amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive