Sunday, May 9, 2010

The first reports from Munich are coming in....

and it looks like the boys had a good show! When Joe told me they were bringing an original WE mirrophonic speaker setup I just shook my head in disbelief. When JC designed an amp using a 437 input, 252 driver and 284 output tubes, again my head shook in disbelief at the insanity. When I see this picture in the first show coverage I was laughing so hard I nearly wet myself.


I also found a youtube video of some show coverage and the Silbatone stuff is at about 2:39 Seeing this guys response upon entering the room had me laughing so hard tears came to my eyes.


Congrats to Mr. Chung, Mr Oh, J_Rob, JC, Frank and Sean on what had to be the coolest room there. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the show coverage and see you all next week in Dallas :-)

6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful.

    Wow.

    Is there a WE system up and running in the southern US? I gotta hear one of these systems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not Mirrophonic...it is a post-war permanent mag setup (713B phenolic drivers + 754B woofers). We only know of one other L-9 system (in Japan).

    So while our visitors were amazed and stupefied by the sound of a decent big horn, we snobbishly pointed out that this was a "second-class Western Electric speaker"...we are so freakin obnoxious...

    All in all, the peeps loved the sound and we had a great time destroying the show for the Euro mini monitor industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this _The_ Fucking Joe?

    Been a long time, great to hear your e-voice, man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Is this _The_ Fucking Joe?"

    Depends on the potential fuckee...

    What's up homes? Long time, Bro!

    J*ROB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been missing you longtime GI Joe, come upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "badge".

    I have a pair of these,

    http://www.dock.net/tre/Western%20Electric%20MsS.jpg

    Tre'

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive